If you are looking for a quick hot meal, then check out these Meaty Cheesy Foldovers. I combined a few recipes that I found. Then, I came up with my own concoction. Here’s a crescent rolls recipe that makes a great family meal during a busy week.
When I make these I only add meat and cheese, but you could easily hide some vegetables in this crescent rolls foldover recipe as well. If you are not a meat eater, then you can make some substitutions. For vegetarians, use tofu or hearty veggies instead of ground beef.
Cha Ching Queen’s Meaty Cheesy Foldovers with Crescent Rolls Recipe
2 packages of crescent rolls, regular work better (not low-fat)
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
A jar of barbecue sauce
1 package of shredded cheese
Preheat: First, set the oven to 375 degrees.
1. To start, brown beef until all pink is gone, but do not overcook.
2. Then, transfer meat to a bowl. After that, cover with barbecue sauce, and mix.
3. On a non-stick sheet or sheet covered with foil or parchment paper, lay out 2 cut dough rolls side by side slightly overlapping. Press down just a little bit so they stick together. (see picture)
4. Next, place cheese, then meat on flattened dough and roll up like a pocket, so it’s all covered. (see picture).
5. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. They should be a light golden brown on the edges and folds.