If you are looking for a quick hot meal, then check out these Meaty Cheesy Foldovers. I combined a few recipes that I found. Then, I came up with my own concoction. Here’s a crescent rolls recipe that makes a great family meal during a busy week.
When I make these I only add meat and cheese, but you could easily hide some vegetables in this crescent rolls foldover recipe as well. If you are not a meat eater, then you can make some substitutions. For vegetarians, use tofu or hearty veggies instead of ground beef.
Cha Ching Queen’s Meaty Cheesy Foldovers with Crescent Rolls Recipe
2 packages of crescent rolls, regular work better (not low-fat)
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
A jar of barbecue sauce
1 package of shredded cheese
Preheat: First, set the oven to 375 degrees.
1. To start, brown beef until all pink is gone, but do not overcook.
2. Then, transfer meat to a bowl. After that, cover with barbecue sauce, and mix.
3. On a non-stick sheet or sheet covered with foil or parchment paper, lay out 2 cut dough rolls side by side slightly overlapping. Press down just a little bit so they stick together. (see picture)
4. Next, place cheese, then meat on flattened dough and roll up like a pocket, so it’s all covered. (see picture).
5. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. They should be a light golden brown on the edges and folds.
Rachel K. Belkin, M.Ed is an Austin, Texas blogger, entrepreneur, speaker, freelance writer, and educator. After selling her lifestyle blog for six figures in 2021, she teaches business, blogging, and influencer marketing strategies that helped her build her business on part-time hours. Bylines include MSN, Associated Press, HuffPost, Medium, NewsBreak, and Hometalk. She has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, CBS Austin, and other news and media outlets.