For those of us that still have our Yahoo email, here is important information about how to see Yahoo email storage capacity.
I’ve had my Yahoo email address for over 20 years! Crazy, right? Yes, I have a gmail account now, but I still use my Yahoo email for personal emails with friends and family. Since I’ve had it for so long, I wanted to find out if I was nearing the limit of storage. Below are the steps to check yahoo mail storage limits, if you’re like me and also still use Yahoo email.
Yahoo Email Storage Information
How Much Storage Do You Get with Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo gives users 1TB of storage for Yahoo Mail. That is 1000GB.
How to Check the Storage Capacity of Yahoo Mail
- Click on the Settings gear icon in the top right of your Yahoo email page.
- Select “More Settings”
- In the bottom left corner you will see how much of the 1TB of storage you are using.
How to Free Up Space in Your Yahoo Mail
Now that you know how much space you are using, let’s talk about how to free up some of that space.
- Empty the trash and spam folders by clicking the trash can icons next to these folders on the left side of the page.
- Save old and large emails on your computer or backup drive. Find out how to save emails to your computer.
- Look for emails that contain attachments by entering “has:attachment” in the search box. Then, delete or archive the emails that are taking up a lot of space.
Now that you know how to see how much storage you have left in your Yahoo email, you can decide whether it’s worth your time to clean and organize your email account.
For me, with only .28% storage used, it’s not worth my time right now to try to free up space in my Yahoo email.
Rachel K. Belkin, M.Ed is an Austin, Texas blogger, entrepreneur, speaker, freelance writer, and educator. After selling her lifestyle blog for six figures in 2021, she teaches business, blogging, and influencer marketing strategies that helped her build her business on part-time hours. Bylines include MSN, Associated Press, HuffPost, Medium, NewsBreak, and Hometalk. She has been featured on KXAN, Studio 512, Fox 7 Austin, CBS Austin, and other news and media outlets.